Single post

Meeting Minutes: Nov. 12, 2016

Date / Time:

November 12, 2016, 12:00PM

Location:

McFate Brewing Company, 1312 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85257

Attendees:

Laura Duvall, Rick Elias, Ash Lagazo, Bud Adams, Melissa Adams, Russ Downs, Rodger Kells, Shauna Hecker

Scheduled Absence:

Christy Sneed, Desiree Simmons

Board Votes

Approve meeting minutes for September 25, 2016.

MOTION: Rodger

2ND: Melissa

Approved

Approve two (2) dollies for two (2) 10-man boats up to $1k

MOTION: Shauna

2ND: Russ

Approved

Approve children ages 8-13 to paddle in a boat as long as the parent/ legal guardian signs the waiver and provides approval that an adult accompanies the child/children while in the boat.

MOTION: Rick

2ND: Melissa

Approved

Action Items

Laura / Desiree

10-man boat pick up

Raven

Draft notice re: taking boats out without required number of people in boat (10+1steer)

Russ

Check with Alicia for approval to bring boats down to marina at the beginning of March

Raven

Send out notice to coaches and captains that coaches will no longer be able to stand on bow of boat as it damages the boats.

Shauna

Budget review for four new practice boats if new boats need to be purchased.

Laura

Donate unusable boat to City of Tempe to market AZDBA

Rodger

Distribute Financials for next Board meeting

Russ

Check on water filling stations for festival

Committee Reports

President (Laura Duvall)

  1. 10-man Boats
  2. Laura checked with Taz regarding trailer
  3. Has volunteers to pick up boats

Treasurer (Rodger Kells)

  1. $15 surplus/ $10 less than norm
  2. Thanks to Russ for State Farm sponsorship
  3. Approx. $2k to Disable Sport
  4. Approx. $6k in the bank
  5. Bud: Request of T-shirt vendor financials
    • Branding
    • Board/Fest Comm design logo
    • Types of shirt, fabric
  6. Rodger will provide AZDBA financials and Festival financials for next meeting

Equipment

  1. Bring festival boats out to marina at the beginning of March
    • Check with Tempe to make sure we have approval
    • Russ: will contact Alicia
  2. Laura: Boat that is not usable. Proposes that we donate it to the City of Tempe to advertise AZDBA
    • Put on agenda for next month
    • Rick will check with Chinese Cultural Center or Tempe
  3. Russ: We have useable boats but need some work
    • Boats lives are 8-9 and ours boats are over 10 years
    • Russ: John’s info on boat fixes
    • Shauna: Need to review budget for 4 new practice boats if we need to buy new boats.

Media/Communications ( Bud Adams )

  1. Bud provided demonstration of new AZDBA website
  2. Requested Board’s review and feedback

Coaches/Captains ( Raven Corcoran )

  1. No sitting on the bows of the practice boats> Raven: sending email to coaches and captains

Festival ( Desiree Simmons )

  1. Rick has 50 cases of water bottles committed
  2. Russ will check on water filling stations
  3. Corporate teams
    • At other festivals, corporate teams pay more but get more “stuff”, i.e. tents, goodies
    • Shauna- so many teams were almost unmanageable this year.
    • Russ: Race day is fine, coaching and steer is where it becomes challenging
    • Laura: 2018 corps pay on tier level

New Business

  1. Age limit for kids to paddle – youth team Raven Corcoran
  2. No bylaw article restricting age limits
  • Move: Rick moves to approve children ages 8-13 to paddle in a boat as long as the parent/ legal guardian signs the waiver and provides approval that an adult accompanies the child/children while in the boat.
  • 2nd: Melissa
  • Vote: Passed

Next Meeting

Saturday, December 15, 2016 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm at Fate Brewing Co., 1312 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale AZ 85257.

Meeting adjourned at 1:36 PM.

Secretary: Betty Flores

theme by teslathemes